MahaVanmitra (महावनमित्र) is an initiative of Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) to develop an end-to-end software framework for implementation of The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, Rules, 2008 and Amendment Rules, 2012. The Act is also known as Forest Rights Act (FRA). This system ensures complete digitisation of all claims registered, provides workflow management and decision support system for decision authority under the Act. MahaVanmitra portal is conceptualised, designed and developed by Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) as a Knowledge Partner and Solution Architect of Government of Maharashtra. This portal is endorsed by Tribal Research and Training Institute (TRTI), a nodal agency for Forest Rights Act in Maharashtra State and accepted by Tribal Development Department, Government of Maharashtra for implementation of the Act throughout the State.
In the Month of March 2018, Maharashtra State witnessed a massive long march of tribal farmers and forest dwellers from Nashik to Mumbai (Vidhan Bhavan, State Assembly). One the key demands of agitating forest dwellers was effective implementation of Forest Rights Act. Being a social impact organisation, MKCL approached Government of Maharashtra with a solution for effective implementation of Forest Rights Act in order to deliver promises given to forest dwellers.
With the help of information technology, it is possible to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the Forest Rights Act. This portal has been created keeping in mind the important objective that the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Villages / Primitive Tribal Groups / Individuals) shall be able to file their forest rights claim (Community Forest Rights, Individual Forest Rights) without any difficulty, claimant shall be able to track current status of their registered claim and Decision Authority shall be enabled with decision support system in the view of arising at a decision so that rights holder shall get the certificate / title in record time.
MKCL constituted a research team to understand the Act, who visited tribal areas, interacted with people, consulted by law experts, held discussion with government officers, arranged meetings of several stakeholder and then submitted its prototype. The prototype was verified by experts and officers from all districts.
MahaVanmitra system undergone through several pilots in 8 districts of Maharashtra. Its demonstration was given to Hon’ble Secretary, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, Hon’ble Chief Secretary, Government of Maharashtra, Hon’ble Principal Secretary, Tribal Development Department, Government of Maharashtra, Hon’ble Commissioner, Tribal Research and Training Institute, Hon’ble Settlement Commissioner and Director of Land Records, Government of Maharashtra, Hon’ble Collectors, Sub Divisional Officers and Forest Rights Act Coordinators appointed in Maharashtra State. Also, the system is validated from members of Technical Support Group of Forest Rights Act, many experts, activists, NGOs working in tribal belts. Hundreds of claims were registered during pilot and training to ensure the correctness of the system.
For more details, visit our MahaVanmitra Website
- Secured login access to concerned officers and all Committees under the Act
- Facility to file applications for Community Forest Rights and Individual Forest Rights
- Provision to enter already filed claims (Old / Pending Claims) at Sub Division and District level
- Scheduling of Land Verification Meetings at Tehsil / Block level
- GPS Mobile App for Land Mapping
- Meeting Suite for Sub-Divisional Level Committee and District Level Committee
- Provision of Decision Support System for Committees to arrive at a decision
- Superimposition of polygons on Cartosat images
- Auto generation of Title of Land
- Dashboards for monitoring at District / Division and State level.
- Generates various real time reports like Monthly Progress Report of State.
- Digitized claims shall become a permeant record for State.
- It will bring harmony in the decision making process.
- The claimants will get the rights with ease and without delay
- Online verification of titles given to forest rights holders.
- Help in preparing the management plan of Community Forest Rights.
- State Government will be able to perform more accurate impact analysis of Forest Rights Act through insights from data.
- System will help in identifying intended beneficiaries and delivering benefits of various schemes.
- Helps in protection, conservation and rejuvenation of forest biodiversity as well as natural resource management.
Connect with us
Keep in touch to keep up with the latest news, get valuable insights and thought leadership.
5th Floor, A wing, ICC Trade Tower, Senapati Bapat Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune
+020 4011 4500